Sep 18, 2012

My Top Favorite Home Made Beauty Treatments

Hello Ladies!
I am in the mood to share some of my favorite, very inexpensive, very effective, beauty treatments I've done right at home using stuff from my kitchen.

I just used this one yesterday:
1 egg
1 tablespoon half and half (you can use cream, milk, half and half, etc)
Separate the white from the yolk of the egg in a small bowl. Wisp the egg white with the cream together in a small bowl until it's frothy:

Slather the mixture all over your face and neck. It will be drippy, but you can allow it to semi-dry and then add more layers. Try to get it as thick as possible. 
At this point you can go ahead and jump in the shower, or just relax, but it takes about 10 to 15 minutes for it to completely dry. You will feel it tightening your skin. Rinse off and voila! Instant face lift of the like you will pay arms and legs for at a makeup counter. It works! The cream adds a bit of moisturization, but can be left out if you prefer.

Another very quick treatment I love to do is using just plain honey, right from the jar:
Just slather the sticky honey over your face and neck before you jump in the shower. Allow it to dry, approximately 10 to 15 minutes, then rinse in cool water. This treatment helps to exfoliate and moisturize your skin. Try mixing it with a tablespoon of milk or cream for extra moisture.

My son loves mangoes. So I buy them often:
Whenever I peel and cut him up a mango, I rub the insides of the skin all over my face and neck for a refreshing, cool astringent-like treatment that softens my skin and makes it glow.

For a complete A to Z of beauty and anti-aging treatments and recipes, ingredients, tips, and tricks, try my new book:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts?

Search Google

Custom Search