Sep 8, 2012

Turning 40, Aging or Refusal to Do So, and What Life Looks Like Now


I always turn 29 on my birthday, which was on Sept. 5. I've turned 29 eleven times now, which makes my existence on Earth total 40 years. I refuse to LOOK 40, or even associate myself with the "age" of 40. It's completely ridiculous, the whole "aging" idea. I don't believe in it. I exercise regularly. I probably don't get enough sleep, or drink enough water, but I stay out of the sun and moisturize. It really isn't a matter of what I do, rather, what I refuse to do, and that is to get old and wrinkly. Why should I? Why on Earth would I want to do such a thing?
I wonder if it's a matter of just giving up. If people think, "well, I'm in my 40s now, I guess I'm old and going to be unattractive anyways, so I'll just quit trying". I will never stop putting effort into my looks and into keeping my body nice and fit. It's always been something I cherish and enjoy, being pretty. Not just on the outside, but in my heart, too. I am a good person inside and I'm intelligent. I understand that it doesn't matter to some people. I understand THAT it doesn't, but not WHY.
So, uneventful as it was, the day came and went. I didn't suddenly look haggard and tired. I showered and put makeup on today as I usually do, looking in the mirror for any changes or signs. Everything was normal. The same as it was eleven years ago. Maybe I'm lucky, or maybe I just refuse to allow it, who knows?
I do know that 29 is a wonderful age to be stuck at, though.

Please do check out my book on the subject, if you like:



www.playmategate.com
www.californiacosmo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts?

Search Google

Custom Search